You’re an experienced DevOps engineer that is passionate about building robust and scalable cloud infrastructure.
We’re a leading employee intranet creator who geeks out about all things workplace, brings people together, loves our craft, relishes challenge, and makes things easy.
If this sounds like a good match, it could be the start of something amazing for us both!
Our new kind of employee intranet is an easy and intuitive go-to-place to help improve employee connection. This is more important now than ever, and that’s exactly what we provide.
To help us achieve long term scalability and robustness combined with rapid deploy cycles, we’re looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to join our DevOps team. You’ll take the lead on several key infrastructure initiatives and provide guidance to other members of the DevOps team. In collaboration with the SW developers, you will determine the best architecture for improvements and then plan, build and test those changes. As part of your role you will participate in design reviews, Implementation reviews, code reviews, and final feature verification.
Working at Jostle is about building connections, improving skills, and learning from each other. Here you’ll find inspiring teammates and meaningful work. If you want to be challenged and have fun, while being supported by people who care about your growth, let’s talk.
This is a full-time permanent position open to candidates located in Canada, working remote or hybrid from home and in our Vancouver office. Come join us—we’re excited to meet you and thank you for considering Jostle!
- Develop and maintain platform infrastructure.
- Assist with maintaining security implementations of production servers.
- Improve and maintain internal IT infrastructure and tools.
- Contribute to the ongoing evolution, innovation, and prioritization of DevOps capabilities, roadmaps, and applications.
- Code reviews for other team members.
- Assist other team members in designing and implementing DevOps projects.
- Member of the on-call rotation.
- Strong Linux skills.
- Responsible for managing a production system.
- Experience with cloud based services (preferably in AWS).
- Experience building in a Infrastructure as Code paradigm, including a strong understanding of at least one automation tool (e.g. Ansible, Chef, Terraform).
- Robust understanding of code management using Git.
- At least 3 years of hands-on relevant experience.
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills.
- Legally able to work in Canada.
- Java application experience.
- Working knowledge of Python.
- Leadership and/or project management experience.
- Experience building CI and/or CD systems.
- Experience with Kubernetes would be an asset.
- Diploma in Computer Science, or a related discipline.
- Previous remote work experience.
What we offer:
- A collaborative and friendly workplace online and in our Vancouver office.
- Flex time.
- Extended health and dental benefits (including mental health support) .
- Stock options.
- Lunch n Learns.
- Leadership workshops.
- Frequent socials.
Jostle helps leaders build connected organizations so that everyone at work can unite and grow together. We do this with our turnkey employee intranet and our online knowledge communities, both of which help leaders lead. Our approach works: Jostle intranets are the go-to place for our customers’ employees, delivering industry-leading employee participation rates. Since 2009, we’ve helped over 1,000 organizations connect their people. Find out more at www.jostle.me.