You’re an up and coming finance professional looking to take on your next challenge.
We’re a leading employee intranet creator who geeks out about all things workplace, brings people together, loves our craft, relishes challenge, and makes things easy.
If this sounds like a good match, it could be the start of something amazing for us both!
Our new kind of employee intranet is an easy and intuitive go-to-place to help improve employee connection. This is more important now than ever, and that’s exactly what we provide.
To support our growth, we’re looking for an Intermediate Accountant to join our Finance team. You’ll take the lead on the full cycle accounting up to and including financial statement preparation. As part of your role you will perform analyses and generate reports to assist the leadership team in decision making. Working closely with our customer operations team, you’ll help optimize our order to cash cycle.
Working at Jostle is about building connections, improving skills, and learning from each other. Here you’ll find inspiring teammates and meaningful work. If you want to be challenged and have fun, while being supported by people who care about your growth, let’s talk.
This is a full-time permanent position based out of our Vancouver office. Come join us—we’re excited to meet you and thank you for considering Jostle!
- Perform journal entries and accruals
- Oversee all receivables and payables activities, and co-manage an AR/AP clerk
- Prepare G/L reconciliations of various accounts
- Process employee expenses
- Manage and process payroll
- Prepare commission calculations and accruals
- Prepare financial statements
- Prepare GST, PST, and US State sales tax returns
- Liaise with external auditors for annual audit
- Produce financial and other reports
- Prepare various forecasts
- Identify and initiate process improvements
- Recommend and implement changes to accounting policies
- Assist with various projects as required
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration
- Minimum 2 years recent related experience
- Proven experience in taking responsibility for full-cycle accounting processes, policies, and systems
- Strong financial acumen and analytical agility
- Detail-oriented, organized, and able to meet tight deadlines
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel and accounting software
- Self-motivated and results-driven; prefers to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Proven prioritization, time management, and project management skills
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills
- Legally able to work in Canada
What we offer:
- A collaborative and friendly workplace online and in our Vancouver office.
- Flex time.
- Extended health and dental benefits (including mental health support) .
- Stock options.
- Lunch n Learns.
- Leadership workshops.
- Frequent socials.
Jostle helps leaders build connected organizations so that everyone at work can unite and grow together. We do this with our turnkey employee intranet and our online knowledge communities, both of which help leaders lead. Our approach works: Jostle intranets are the go-to place for our customers’ employees, delivering industry-leading employee participation rates. Since 2009, we’ve helped over 1,000 organizations connect their people. Find out more at www.jostle.me.