Junior Backend Java Developer
It’s proven. We help organizations become extraordinary, and to do that we need to continue to build great infrastructure on which to run our intranet platform. Want to play a key role in helping organizations around the world harness our platform to build better workplaces?
We’re looking for a new graduate to join us as a Backend Java Developer who wants to join a multi-faceted team and build their skills while helping us to build a world class cloud-based product. In this role you’ll be working with a team that’s responsible for developing new features and micro-services using Docker and Kubernetes.
- Development of server-side Java code, including persistence and database code
- Working with senior members of the team, develop scalable server-side architecture that will support a large number of users on various client platforms and allow the implementation of new features and capabilities
- Development of integrations with customer enterprise systems
- Propose and advocate for design changes that will make the product more robust
- Good foundation of Java programming skills
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented analysis, design, and programming skills
- A strong desire to learn
- Smart, hard-working, flexible, and productive
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- A good understanding of data structures and algorithms, and software development design patterns
- Knowledge of unit, integration, and automation testing methodologies
- Familiarity with version control
- Experience with Docker would be an asset
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure (e.g. Amazon EC2) would be an asset
What we offer:
- Great work environment
- Extended health and dental benefits
- Stock options
- Flex time
Jostle creates connected and vibrant workplaces with our new kind of cloud-based employee intranet. Our platform boosts communication, builds workplace culture, and is the go-to place for information. Our 500+ customers achieve employee participation rates of over 85%—that’s 5X industry norms.
Become extraordinary with us!