You’re an ambitious, self-motivated individual who excels at simplifying complex problems and crafting elegant solutions for well understood customer needs.
We’re a leading employee intranet creator who geeks out about all things workplace, brings people together, loves our craft, relishes challenge, and makes things easy.
If this sounds like a good match, it could be the start of something amazing for us both!
Our new kind of employee intranet is an easy and intuitive go-to-place to help improve employee connection. This is more important now than ever, and that’s exactly what we provide.
To help us enhance the product features and user experience that the Jostle platform provides, we’re looking for a Product Designer to join our Design team. You’ll own and work on a diverse set of challenges related to a specific area of our intranet platform. To solve those challenges, you’ll have a diverse team of product design and development specialists to collaborate with.
Working at Jostle is about building connections, improving skills, and learning from each other. Here you’ll find inspiring teammates and meaningful work. If you want to be challenged and have fun, while being supported by people who care about your growth, let’s talk.
This is a full-time position open to candidates located in Canada, working remote or hybrid from home and in our Vancouver office. Come join us—we’re excited to meet you and thank you for considering Jostle!
What you'll do:
- Be a key contributor to the continuous development of our product-related and marketing user experiences, taking full design responsibility for specific improvements and advances.
- Collaborate with our customer success, sales, marketing, product management, front-end developers, and back-end developers to define optimal user experiences. Prototype and validate design decisions by interacting with customers and other Jostlers.
- Develop a thorough understanding of our users through research on how users interact with our product and how this delivers value to their workplaces.
- Specify and communicate design solutions so that we have the necessary details to build, test, and document the new features for our end users. Work with our developers to improve the design implementation as it’s realized.
- Take personal ownership for the deployment of our brand and the end-to-end user experience we deliver. Share observations and suggest possible improvements in a team environment. Contribute to our co-creative process by helping others refine their own ideation, thinking, and designs.
- Stay current with industry practices and competitive products. Undertake research and heuristic analysis to improve our user experience and strengthen our product positioning.
What you'll need:
- Proven ability to:
- observe, clarify, and deeply understand user needs
- problem-solve, design, and refine user experiences, with a focus on motivating users and delivering value
- efficiently use design and communication tools to deliver well-crafted designs
- work within the constraints of an established brand and style-guide
- Familiarity with the demands of a fast-paced and collaborative team environment with an emphasis on co-creation
- At least 3 years of experience designing digital product solutions and user interfaces
- Legally able to work in Canada
What would come in handy:
- A relevant post-secondary degree or diploma
- Ability to prototype front-end software interfaces using standard web technologies
- Experience creating and/or working with design systems
- Experience designing marketing materials and websites
- A portfolio demonstrating strong illustration skills
- Experience in a company that delivers rich software to users around the world
- Previous remote working experience
What we'd love to see:
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we’re looking forward to reading your application. Please be sure to include:
- Samples of your work: portfolio, wireframes, UX flows, publications, or whatever represents what you do best
- Examples of things you’re proud of
- A snapshot of what makes you tick outside of work
What we offer:
- A collaborative and friendly hybrid workplace, mostly remote, with in-person work from time to time in our Vancouver office
- Flex time
- Extended health and dental benefits (including mental health support)
- Stock options
- Lunch n Learns
- Leadership workshops
- Frequent socials
Jostle helps leaders build connected organizations so that everyone at work can unite and grow together. We do this with our turnkey employee intranet and our online knowledge communities, both of which help leaders lead. Our approach works: Jostle intranets are the go-to place for our customers’ employees, delivering industry-leading employee participation rates. Since 2009, we’ve helped over 1,000 organizations connect their people. Find out more at www.jostle.me.