Senior Backend Java Developer
Want to play a key role in helping organizations around the world harness our platform to build better workplaces?
We’re looking for someone with experience to join us as a Senior Java Developer who wants to join a multifaceted team and build their skills. Our inspired team was recognized as one of the top three digital design teams in Canada and is pushing the boundaries of cloud-based enterprise software.
- Designs, codes, and debugs complex artifacts for a variety of applications.
- Development of server-side Java code, including persistence and database code
- Creates high level solutions and guides other developers thru implementation
- Collaborate with other senior team members to:
- Guide the technical evolution of our product architecture.
- Improve our process and procedures and continue to grow the technical acumen of the team.
- Provide leadership and mentorship to other members of the development team.
- Propose and advocate for design changes that will make the product more robust
- Strong knowledge of Java, J2EE, Web Services and related development tools
- Experience with Linux, Apache, Tomcat (or other J2EE servers), MySQL (or other SQL databases)
- Strong understanding of engineering/software architecture principles and patterns e.g. SOLID, GoF
- Experience with Spring Framework or any other dependency framework such as Guice.
- Knowledge of JPA, JDBC and related technologies
- Knowledge of open source Java Libraries and Frameworks.
- At least 10 years hands-on experience building enterprise grade solutions
- Collaborative individual with excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Passion for Software Development & Problem Solving
- Experience with Docker and/or microservices would be considered an asset
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure would be considered an asset
What we offer:
- Great work environment in downtown Vancouver
- Extended health and dental benefits
- Stock options
- Flex time
At Jostle we believe organizations should feel less complex. Employees should find it easy to plug in and do great work. So we designed an intranet that helps fix complexity instead of adding to it. Now work life is simpler. People can actually connect, align, and find information.
Since 2009, we’ve helped over 850 organizations worldwide seriously unleash their potential and help their employees thrive. Measured across our customers, we achieve employee participation rates over 85%—that’s 5X industry norms.