UI Java Developer
Want to play a key role in helping organizations around the world harness our platform to build better workplaces?
We’re looking for someone with experience to join us as a growing UI Java Developer who wants to join a multi-faceted team and build their skills. Our inspired team was recognized as one of the top three digital design teams in Canada and is pushing the boundaries of cloud-based enterprise software.
- As a key member of a feature-focused team including design and QA members, you will plan and execute the development of new software-based services and features, including specification, documentation, and testing.
- You will have a key role in migrating our UI from the existing GWT framework to our new React-based framework.
- Undertake performance benchmarking, troubleshooting, and bug fixing, as required.
- Contribute to the ongoing evolution, innovation, and prioritization of product features.
- Understand, refine, and implement usability features and graphic look.
- Propose and advocate for design changes that will make the product more robust.
- Strong knowledge of Java, HTML5, & CSS3.
- Proven passion for making elegant and highly usable interfaces.
- Experience designing and building performance-optimized applications.
- At least 3 years hands-on relevant experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Experience with GWT would be an asset.
- Experience with React and Typescript would be an asset.
- Some familiarity with Xcode or mobile app development would be an asset.
- Proven history delivering SaaS applications or web-deployed games would be an asset.
What we offer:
- Great work environment
- Extended health and dental benefits
- Stock options
- Flex time
At Jostle we believe organizations should feel less complex. Employees should find it easy to plug in and do great work. So we designed an intranet that helps fix complexity instead of adding to it. Now work life is simpler. People can actually connect, align, and find information.
Since 2009, we’ve helped over 850 organizations worldwide seriously unleash their potential and help their employees thrive. Measured across our customers, we achieve employee participation rates over 85%—that’s 5X industry norms.