Want to design user experiences that help create extraordinary workplaces?
Jostle is the creator of a new kind of employee intranet that’s achieving employee participation rates of 5X industry norms. Our end-to-end customer experience, and the craftsmanship we put into our user interfaces, are an important part of why we’re transforming workplaces around the world.
We’re looking for a UX Designer to join our self-managed design team and help advance the user experience Jostle provides. Jostle’s Design Team delivers a consistent brand and customer experience across our marketing communications, website, product, and user documentation.
This is a full-time position at our Jostleplex in Vancouver, Canada. Come and join our dynamic and growing company.
- Be a key contributor to the continuous development of our marketing and product-related user experiences, taking full design responsibility for specific improvements and advances.
- Collaborate with our customer success, sales, marketing, product management, front-end developers, and back-end developers to define optimal user experiences. Prototype and validate design decisions by interacting with customers and other Jostlers. Understand and research how users interact with our product and how this delivers value to their workplaces.
- Specify design solutions so that we have the necessary details to build, test, and document the new features for our end users. Work with our developers to improve the design implementation as it’s realized.
- Take personal ownership for the deployment of our brand and the end-to-end user experience we deliver. Share observations and suggest possible improvements in a team environment. Contribute to our co-creative process by helping others refine their own ideation, thinking, and designs.
- Stay current with industry practices and competitive products. Undertake research and heuristic analysis to improve our user experience and strengthen our product positioning.
- Proven ability to:
- observe, clarify, and deeply understand user needs.
- problem solve, design, and refine user experiences, with a focus on motivating users and delivering value.
- efficiently use design and communication tools to deliver well-crafted designs.
- work within the constraints of an established brand and style-guide.
- Familiarity with the demands of a fast-paced and collaborative team environment with an emphasis on co-creation.
- Previous experience designing software interfaces, websites, and marketing materials.
- A relevant post-secondary degree or diploma.
- Ability to prototype front-end software interfaces using standard web technologies.
- Experience creating and/or working with design systems.
- A portfolio demonstrating strong illustration skills.
- Experience in a company that delivers rich software to users around the world.
What we offer:
- Great work environment
- Extended health and dental benefits
- Stock options
- Flex time
Jostle creates connected and vibrant workplaces with our new kind of cloud-based employee intranet. Our platform boosts communication, builds workplace culture, and is the go-to place for information. Our 500+ customers achieve employee participation rates of over 85%—that’s 5X industry norms.
Become extraordinary with us!